Re: NNTPC: nntpcache really slow with grabber

>Is the server you're feeding off generating them on the fly?
>
>The default INN config doesn't have xover generation as a newsfeed,
>so they get regenerated off the spool each time a user requests
>xover information.

I rather doubt it.  SuperNews would have to be pretty dumb to be doing that
:-)

The interesting thing here is that if I telnet corp.supernews.com nntp, I
can grab the headers very quickly.  Similarly, if I do it with Netscape, it
runs great.  But with grabber, it goes very slowly.

However, if I go with grabber direct to corp.supernews.com or to another
Highwind-based server that I have access to, it just flies.

So there is some interaction between nntpcache and grabber.  I don't know
whose fault it is or even where to begin looking.

Evan