nntpcache really slow with grabber

Has anyone tried nntpcache 2.3.2.1 with grabber?

Try going to a huge newsgroup; something like alt.binaries.warez would do
fine.  Then tell it to fetch the article headers.  On my nntpcache, it takes
forever, and will stop frequently forcing me to manually resume grabbing
articles.

If I try the same thing directly to the main news server, everything runs
great.  Likewise, if I run through the nntpcache with Communicator or slrn,
everything runs great.

If anyone wants to try it out, grabber is available from
<http://www.trontech.com.au/>.

BTW, I remember someone said that they were going to post their patchset for
nntpcache.  What's the URL?

Thanks.

Evan