Re: NNTPC: fetching messages by article id

> Actually, this is more or less how nntpcache does it. There is only
> one process that read/writes the history database, and all
> nntpcache-serverlets communicate with it via ipc.

Presumably this means nntpcache is going to throttle prematurely on SMP
systems.

What about more finely grained locking using the first 8k of cache.mmap for
locks/semaphores and giving all processes the ability to read/write to disk?

Not that I've ever seen nntpcache CPU bound.....

-Chris