BUG: nntpcache doesn't work with news.perl.com?!?!?!

Subject: BUG: nntpcache doesn't work with news.perl.com?!?!?!
From: Zenin <zenin@archive.rhps.org>
Newsgroups: nntpcache.d
Cc: nntpcache-users@nntpcache.org,nntpcache@nntpcache.org

Running nntpcache 2.3.2.1 and connecting the Perl 5 porters mailing list
news gateway at "news.perl.com".  NNTPCache seems to read the correct number
of available articles until list the group, at which time it can only ever
find one message even though there are hundreds?!?!?!

I think this has something to do with the news.perl.com server not
supporting the "mode reader" command maybe?  But *all* other newsreaders
I've tried (Tin, FreeAgent, Netscape) have no problem reading news from this
server...

I've tried both:

	cor.newman.upenn.edu.	DEFAULT		24h     4d      4d      30m     60d	60d
	perl.porters-gw		cor.newman.upenn.edu.
and
	news.perl.com.		DEFAULT		24h     4d      4d      30m     60d	60d
	perl.porters-gw		news.perl.com.

With no luck. :-(

Can anyone offer a fix for this?  And/or confirm this as a bug and have it
fixed?  Pulling this single group into my feed was one of my main reasons
for wanting NNTPCache as tin reeks havoc with my .newsrc if I try to switch
servers...

--
-Zenin
 zenin@archive.rhps.org