Re: NNTPC: Problem with dead nntpcache sessions?

>What I've noticed is that if there's a reboot while a hung session
>is open, there's a fairly good chance that cache.mmap will be
>corrupted, preventing nntpcached restarting (and generating
>shitloads of errors if it's being run out of inittab)

I've been using anonymous mmap()'s so that hasn't been an issue for me.
However, every couple days I go cleanup the nntpcache processes and I
usually end up terminating around 20, so that is a pretty significant dead
server count.  It is especially bad if those connections are holding open
NNTP sessions to outside servers, because I'm being charged based on my
maximum concurrent NNTP session count :-) [note: I haven't actually checked
to see if this is the case].

Evan