Re: NNTPC: Re: Great product!

> > On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Luke Bowker wrote:
> >
> > > we came to the conclusion that it should _not_ become a server in itself,
> > > lest it become bloatware very quickly. The nntpcache.stats pseudo newsgroup
> > > has been yanked from our development source tree for this reason. Adding
> > > the headers you describe seems to me to be in the same category of extensions.
> >
> > allow the insertion of Path and Organization headers, you are cutting that
> > segment of sales out of your market, as they don't want the up-stream path
> > & org inserted into THEIR client's news.  I for one think that if you drop
> > this group of clients (revenue), you are doing yourselves a major
> > dis-service.  The added code is extremely minimal (modification to post.c
> > and *.cf) that results in a fully functional ISP based cache.
> >
> > > Don't let the above discourage you. They're just things to bare in mind.
> > > All code, comments, feature requests and bug reports are welcome.
>
> I think this is quite a good idea. Luke, you are out voted ;)

Yeah okay...

Don't some newsreaders allow configuring the Organization line? Maybe it's a
client configurable thing anyway. As for the Path line... Don't see why not.

--
Luke Bowker, puke@suburbia.net, puke@deakin.edu.au
Suburbia Public Access Network Site Sysadmin

"Don't try to understand. Knowing you, I'm probably wrong" - D. Mustaine