Re: NNTPC: 2.2bX not sending mode reader

> It looks like at least the more recent versions of 2.2b are not sending mode
> reader when confronted with a server that allows both NNTP and NNRP access.
> Or at least, it doesn't work for me :-)
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

Yes.  Interestingly, when a news client requests articles everything works
fine.  If the nocem client requests articles, it fails.

I've been meaning to check the source and see what gives.  I'm also
evaluating Dnews as a potential solution to a few other problems.

Cheers,

Bob.