Re: NNTPC: syslog brokenness?yy

> > My syslog daemon clocked up 2 hours CPU time in 12 hours today.  Since
> > commenting out the news facility, it's clocked about 2 seconds in 4 hours.
> > News logging is local - the rest is to a central server.
>
> the better way to deal with this is to tell nntpcache to not log debug messages.

Actually, now that you mention it, that is one of the things I've already
done prior to this problem since the volume of messages was getting a bit
high.

I'll start up syslogd in debugging mode later with an strace around it and
see if I can see what's upsetting it...

Regards,

Bob Purdon,
Technical Manager,