Google Summer of Code / Mentorship Opportunity

Dear Kernel Newbies community,

I am a second year student of computer science at the University of London. I've seen that the Linux Foundation is participating in the Google Summer of Code 2024, and would be interested in getting involved. I am primarily interested in the main kernel subsystem, however, I am open to the others too. I have tried some basic operating system development before, however, I am still much of a rookie. Regardless of whether I am chosen or not, I would be interested in participating in the community. Ultimately, I am here to deepen my understanding of operating systems, and contribute meaningfully to the Linux kernel, my favourite UNIX descendant. I would therefore appreciate it if somebody could guide me on how to achieve my goal, or provide mentorship to help get me up to speed.

Thanks for considering my request. I look forward to the opportunity of working with you.

Sincerely,
Isaac Cilia Attard