Information about interrupt in userpace

Hi, I have a device that is connected through the SPI to my CPU.
Additionally, the device exposes an interrupt pin which I can also connect to my processor.
The interrupt is triggered each time the device has some data available.
This information should be propagated up to the userspace process which uses my driver to communicate with the device. How should I implement this?
Should I e.g. implement a poll function in the driver which will be called from the userspace process and which will inform about triggered interrupt?
What are the other ways to deal with it?

BR
Patryk