Re: Question regarding Linux-6.3.5 and Sunxi A20 NAND/NFC support

On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 at 01:20, John Watts <contact@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 11:01:02PM +0100, Fawad Lateef wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Can someone guide me? I am not sure what I am missing here.
> >
> > I am trying to debug the code but I assume that the SUNXI NAND driver
> > is supposed to be working and that something is missing from my
> > changes and additions to the dts/dtsi for A20 SOM.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Hi there Fawad,
>
> I've hit this problem before and it's usually been because the pins are being
> used by another peripheral already
>
> Could you post the kernel log? It might have some notes on this.
>
> John.

Hi John,

Thanks for your help. I found the reason for my issue. I defined the
pinctrl information under the "soc" next to "nfc" entry in
sunxi-a20.dtsi which was messing it up.

I moved them inside the "pio" dtsi block and NAND is detected now.
Though almost all blocks are reported as bad-blocks.  I am thinking
that it's happening as I don't have partition information defined in
DTS. Do you think that this is the reason for bad-blocks reporting?

Regards,

Fawad Lateef