Re: Neomutt/mutt copy message-id with b4

Thanks for the quick reply!

On 2023-07-31 at 09:59:20 +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 09:44:48AM +0200, Maciej Wieczór-Retman wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I was thinking on how to make using Neomutt
> > easier with b4 to apply patches for testing.
> >
> > In thunderbird there is an extension
> > that creates a button, that copies the message id.
> > This way I was able to paste that message-id into
> > b4, and apply a whole patch series to my kernel
> > source quickly.
> >
> > In neomutt I have the message-id in the header
> > field and I can copy it with the mouse but
> > I was curious if anyone found a nice
> > macro with a keybind to just copy the
> > message-id directly to clipboard?
> >
> > Googling didn't give me any results, and neither
> > did looking through mail archives.
>
> For mutt I use:
> 	macro index B |'b4 am -t -o - | git am -s'\n
>
> which binds the key "B" to take the current message and pass it through
> to b4 to apply the whole patch series to the tree in the local
> directory.
>
> hope this helps,

Thanks a lot, the command works great!

Since I wanted to do it through clipboard I did the following:
Set a macro in neomutt:
        macro index,pager B |'xsel --clipboard'

This pastes a message to clipboard with xsel. Then in my git
repo I run:
        xsel -ob | b4 am -t -o - | git am -s

And since I am using lazygit quite often I set a custom
command also under "B" to do it quickly:
        customCommands:
          - key: "B"
            command: "xsel -ob | b4 am -t -o - | git am -s"
            context: "localBranches"

Maybe it will be helpful to someone else.

> greg k-h

Thanks again!
Kind regards
Maciej Wieczór-Retman