Re: MAC resolution issue [Two ethernet ports on same subnet]

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 4:07 PM Hitesh Patidar <hitesh08patidar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am using a system with two onboard ethernet ports with CentOS 7. When I connect both these ports to the DHCP server setup on another node, the arp entry of DHCP server node displays two different IP addresses that resolve to same MAC address. The ARP reply from the system is providing same MAC for ARP requests received for both the ports.

My requirement is to have mapping of 2 distinct IPs to 2 MACs.

Instead of CentOS 7, if I use Ubuntu 22 Desktop on my system, the 2 IPs are mapped to 2 different MACs.

Kindly advice on how to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Hitesh Patidar
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa