busybox shell doesn't come up or get stuck.. where should I look or how should I debug it?

Title: busybox shell doesn't come up or get stuck.. where should I look or how should I debug it?

Hi all,

I'm trying to boot linux with minimal config on our FPGA board which is under development.

After months of trying (but I tried this intermittently) I think I'm about to see the shell prompt.

(there was a bug in interconnect driver that I found yesterday, this caused a long delay)

Anyway, when I run linux kernel on a qemu machine, the boot process ends like this at the shell prompt.

(The echo '### INIT SCRIPT ###' was put in /init script which is in the initramfs)

    Run /init as init process

    ### INIT SCRIPT ###

    mount: mounting none on /tmp failed: Invalid argument

    This boot took 2.12 seconds

    /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

    / #

    / #

Now, when I run it on our FPGA board using u-boot, it ends like this.

    Run /init as init process

    ### INIT SCRIPT ###

    mount: mounting none on /tmp failed: Invalid argument

    This boot took 0.00 seconds

    /bin/sh: can't acce

So it seems this init_kernel thread executes /init and /init excutes /bin/sh at the end.

this is the /init script.

Somehow the busybox applet /bin/sh is stuck somewhere.

Can anybody tell me where I should look? Or how to debug this?

Thanks in advance!

Chan Kim