Re: arm64 code looking for variable rodata_enabled when STRICT_KERNEL_RWX = n

Hi Chan,

On 3/18/22 09:03, Chan Kim wrote:
Hello all,

[...]

But now since CONFIG_STRICT_KERNEL_RWX=n, it is not defined
here(CONFIG_STRICT_MODULE_RWX=n too).

and arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c code is still using `rodata_enabled`. Is this a bug
of the code? Or am I missing something?

If arch specifies something in its Kconfig then arch code is not prepared to be built with modified configuration. Arch Kconfig is persistent, that means if you change it you should also change the code.

I can modify init/main.c and include/linux/init.h so that this
rodata_enabled and related functions be defined regardless of these CONFIG
values and make the errors go away, but I'm curious if this a kind of kernel
bug raising compiler error.

It's not a kernel bug. You have misconfigured the kernel and faced compile error. Common case

With regards,
Pavel Skripkin