Re: Will two READ_ONCE()s in a row execute in order

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021, 14:17 Zhang Zeren, <zhangzr23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your reply! I should have read more carefully... Besides, do you know where can I find the specific rules of LKMM?

Once people used to say that this subject is good for "scaring little kids" (or something like that)...

Introductory material can be found in the Linux kernel under the tools/memory-model/Documentation directory. For now, you'd better skip the files that are one level higher in tools/memory-model.

IMO, best sources related to concurrency, ordering and memory model that I've ever read are Paul McKenney's papers and book (please use the Google search engine, Paul provides freely downloadable resources at his website).

Regards,

Fabio M. De Francesco