Re: the cost of EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 11:17:28AM +0200, Tomek The Messenger wrote:
> OK, so I had to wrongly described something because in my company this is
> popular approach to use /sys as some abstract layer to get access to
> registers.

Please do not do that.  There are valid kernel apis to grant access to
registers easily, and creating random files and directories in the root
of sysfs is not only the incorrect way of doing it, you are making more
work for yourself to do so, adding more code that is not needed.

Do you have a pointer to the code so that we can provide help with
showing the "correct" way to do all of this?

thanks,

greg k-h