Re: New text

On 2/19/20 4:36 PM, Valdis Klētnieks wrote:
> The first thing to remember is that the kernel has no obligation to be easy for
> new programmers.

it is not that hard.  It can be understood, and kernel writers aren't
generally starting out by pouring over the code base to learn how it
works.  OS operations can be taught conceptually, with kernel code
source as an example.   The Love text is a bit old at this point.

> 1) Start wading through the git log until you find the commit that
changed the API. In either that commit, or a commit in the same series,
whoever changed the API

I don't think that will be a useful way to learn to code the kernel.

I'm suprised that there has been no new text since Loves work  :(

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com