Re: Try/catch for modules?

El vie., 18 oct. 2019 a las 14:02, Ruben Safir (<ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) escribió:
> I don't think you really understand what is going on here.  On the
> kernel level you would never wrap up a process in another process in
> order to catch a mistake, and then do error correction.  That method of
> programming is not appropriate for kernel level code where you are
> running everything on the hardware.
>
> You can test for a condition before you run the code, and use GOTO if
> you want, but you are not doing a Java like Catch and Throw.

I'm not talking about running managed code in the kernel. I'm talking
about whether there is a more general version of something like
_ASM_EXTABLE, or maybe even doing something like what Windows does
with its __try/__except machinery which uses stack unwinding
information.

>From the responses here it's clear that there's no such thing in the
kernel, at least that you guys know about. Thanks.