Re: Kernel development tools (was Re: Software Prefetching using Machine learning)

Thank you.
You are absolutely right. As a freshman in the kernel development, and having experience in high level languages, things look complicated :(.
Can you please suggest me what is the efficient and easy way to exchange data between kernel space and user space. I want the way in which the kernel should initiate the communication; the kernel daemon first sends the data to the user space daemon, and the user space daemon (waiting and listening to the kernel space daemon) receives and processes the data, and then sends feedback. There are many tools i.e., netlink (connectionless, asynchronous), ioctl, and /proc available.
Which tool,  and library you suggest for performing the task? and How it could be done?
I would be grateful if you could provide me with some links/examples/blogs.
Thanks again :).

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:51 PM Valdis Klētnieks <valdis.kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:48:11 +0900, Irfan Ullah said:
> @All,* There is one thing I want to share, although it is not too relevant
> but worth to share,*  that very limited number of *easy-to-use-&-understand*
> tools and libraries available to welcome  and facilitate the
> newbies/freshmen in the kernel development as compare to other development
> environments.

Well... for better or worse, the Linux kernel is an environment where
programmers are expected to have a fairly good grasp on programming and
software development already, and can figure most things out on their own.

Having said that, if you have specific suggestions of tools and libraries that
would make a difference, feel free to state what you think is missing - there's
a good chance that it actually exists but you didn't know about it....

--
Best Regards,

Mr. Irfan Ullah
PhD Candidate