Re: How to handle page allocation when memory exceeds a local node

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 17:41:22 +0900, Won-Kyo Choe said:

> In my perspective, if the kernel starts to allocate in the remote node,
> I think the scheduler should move the process to the remote node and it
> will allocate a page in the remote node at first in the loop (in the
> process view, the node would be the local now since it is moved). Would
> the scheduler do that?

That's not the scheduler's job to do that.  Plus... what do you do about the
case where a process already has 12G of memory on one node, that node runs out
and 1 4K page gets allocated on another node.  Which is better, move the 12G,
or every once in a while try to relocate that 1 4K page to a better node?