Are MSRs saved and restored on context switches?

Hi all,

I was curious about whether a context switch in Linux saves and restores the MSR registers of the tasks involved in the context switch. I searched in the source code and could not find this functionality. I'm not sure if all MSRs need or can be associated to tasks but I understand that, for example, MSRs related to performance counters should be saved and restored on context switches to correctly monitor events on a per PID basis.

Thanks a lot,
Josué