Re: HID Driver

Hi,

I want the device operated by the Arduino Uno board to be recognised as a mouse by my Linux OS. To control the cursor I am using the X11 API.

Thanks,

On Fri, 15 Mar, 2019, 01:39 Greg KH, <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:18:34PM +0530, Pratyush Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a device operated via an Arduino UNO board. I would like to write a
> driver for it so that my computer running linux recognises it natively.
>
> I have no experience writing drivers. Where should I start to specifically
> do something like this? Are there any templates or guides for drivers for
> this sort of thing specifically?
>
> Do I need to start over from scratch - learning how to write drivers? If
> so, could you recommend any resources in particular which would take me on
> the path to write drivers for HIDs in particular(to begin with)?

You should not need to write any kernel driver for Linux to support a
HID device, it's all included already.

HAve you tried using your device on Linux?  What did, or did not, work
for you?

thanks,

greg k-h