Re:Re: How to add a haradware breakpoint on a physical memory address?

Thanks for your reply. The real fact is, a block of physical memory was reserver while
kernel booting, so that, the block of memory can not used by the whole memory
using the normal api, such as malloc, get_free_pages.(because the block of memory
have to reserved for remote dsp core). However, the block of memory was rewritten
if the application called eglSwapBuffer. and the gpu driver using gem memory
managing method, i checked all pages allocated for ever gem_object but found
nothing.

At 2017-11-17 23:03:32, valdis.kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote: >On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:57:26 +0800, kipade said: > >> I found some memory was rewrite by gpu module, but i have not found where it layout. >> I just use samples hw_breakpoint module for memory monitor. >> However, i found it only monitor on a virtual address, >> in another words, if two variable point the same physical memory, it can't be detected >> if I just monitor on the other variable. > >If you have two different variables pointing to the same physical address, >you *probably* are doing something wrong. Why was something else >using memory that got used by the GPU? > >