Re: How to browse the code

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Code Soldier1 <codesoldier1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks. This does not completely solve my issue. I am looking for
something that can associate a field name with the structure.

Well, you can search for a field's use using free-text search, then looks at the line of code to figure out what struct it's part of, no? :)

-mandeep

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Mandeep Sandhu
<mandeepsandhu.chd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am looking for something that can list all the places that a certain
>> field of a certain structure is used. For example, sk_buff has a field
>> called destructor, but so do many other data structures. How do I
>> search for places where just the destructor field of sk_buff.
>

> I think lxr has an identifier & free-text search (powered by google). If
> that doesn't do it for you, you can go "old school" and try cscope maybe?
>
> HTH,
> -mandeep
>

>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> --