Thank you so much for your information,

Thanks,
Madhu

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Aruna Hewapathirane <aruna.hewapathirane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
>> Please help me out to understand below message mean.

>> ubuntu@ubuntu-armhf:/home/Madhu/i2c$ dmesg
>> [  704.283100] i2c_client: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
>> [  704.285359] driver initialization
>> [  704.285693] inside probe function

What you should pay attention to more than worry about the out-of-tree module is the text immediately following that. Says "taints kernel" right ? What exactly that means is if you have problems later on with this kernel and require debugging or community support to identify then resolve a bug there will be no community support.

When the kernel is tainted, it means that it is in a state that is not supported by the community. Most kernel developers will ignore bug reports involving tainted kernels, and community members may ask that you correct the tainting condition before they can proceed with diagnosing problems related to the kernel. In addition, some debugging functionality and API calls may be disabled when the kernel is tainted.

The primary reason for the Tainted: ‘ string is to tell kernel debuggers if this is a clean kernel or if anything unusual has occurred. Tainting is permanent: even if an offending module is unloaded, the tainted value remains to indicate that the kernel is not trustworthy.
Looking at your dmesg output you posted your module initialized ok and your probe was called ok but if shit happens down the road your on your own. Meaning if you ask for help most folks will ask you to fix the taint issue before taking a look at your code :)

Hope this helps - Aruna

Regards,
Madhu