Re: Fwd: Custom Linux Kernel Scheduler issue

Thank you Greg. I got at least my unit tests to execute about as fast as my host when I turned on KVM support with qemu while testing. I can't test With the dedicated hardware or software yet, but now I have another test case to run by changing the provisioned memory.

On Nov 24, 2016 1:47 PM, "Greg KH" <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 01:05:47PM -0500, Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:
> So, I ran perf on my host and it came back far more true. The top consumers of
> time were all atomics and some function called sse3, which I believe is a super
> fast memcpy implementation provided the the arch. In addition, all the highest
> time consumers are within my image- it stayed out of the kernel as designed and
> it used additional extensions and features.
>
> I just thought of something-what if there is some kind of page size difference
> between my host and my Linux kernel causing the performance problems?

You tell me, are the page sizes different?  You have said that memory
accesses are different, so of course performance is going to be
different.  To expect otherwise is just crazy :)

good luck!

greg k-h