Re: apt-get is not working properly

Actually it is not only my distro problem.

I am trying to compile kernel in Ubuntu.

I am getting the following error and i am unable to rectify it.

mamse@mamse-ThinkCentre-M80:~/linux-3.15.8$ make menuconfig
 *** Unable to find the ncurses libraries or the
 *** required header files.
 *** 'make menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries.
 ***
 *** Install ncurses (ncurses-devel) and try again.
 ***
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/dochecklxdialog] Error 1
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2
mamse@mamse-ThinkCentre-M80:~/linux-3.15.8$