Re: kernel build error

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Kumar amit mehta <gmate.amit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, still no luck. The build goes fine, but it seems that the boot
process again got stuck at the same place. I'm using the latest linux-next tree.

$ git describe
next-20130328

build procedure:
$ make oldconfig
$ make
$ sudo make modules
$ sudo make modules_install
$ sudo make install
$ sudo update-grub

I believe, there is something very rudimentry that I'm missing in the kernel
configuration file. I've attached the kernel configuration (.config) file
here. Basically this configuration file is the same as the current running
kernel(i did 'make oldconfig' above) with some additions(as over the time, new
modules or experimental features would have been added, which I might have
selected)

Could you paste roughly 20-30 lines of boot messages when you hit the hung point? Kernel config alone usually can't help much

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant