Sending an IP packet

Hey,

My question is quite simple, I have an sk_buff that I want to transmit, the sk_buff is an ICMP message and so far, I've built the headers and set up everything.

The problem is, when I want to do such a thing, I typically use a function called:
dev_queue_xmit which takes the skb and transmits the packet using the net_device specified in the skb; but time time I can't set the net_device, I need the packet to go through the routing code and get it sent normally; so what function can I use to that?

Some notes:
*The kernel I am working on is 3.2.0-37
*I am working using Modules, so symbols that are not exported are unreachable for me
*I set the IP header using htons, so my header data is already in network byte-order.

Regards,
Adel