Priority the init call will follow in kernel

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot,

I understand that core_init call for CPUsubsys_initcall for core module like I2c core and module_init for driver built on the core.

When will the need arises to call other init calls, kindly provide a pointer to it.

Thanks And Regards,
Ranganath.T.M

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Dave Hylands <dhylands@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Ranganath T.M <ranganathtm88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your information,
>
> And can you kindly suggest me,
> 1)How the probe will be called by comparing the name in driver and name given in board-files, or it will called based id_table which we fill for particular bus of that driver.

When both a device and a driver have been registered, then the probe routine will be called.

Normally, the devices are registered in your board files.

> 2)How the priority will be followed to call the drivers files like BT first and then HDMI driver.

The order is determined by how they're registered (i.e. which initcall is used:
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.7.6/include/linux/init.h#L209

module_init maps to device_initcall

Within the same level, the order is determined by the order that the files appear in the Makefiles.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada