Re: guides to board files -> device-tree and Android -> mainline?

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 15:51 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> No, there is no automated tool, because it is not possible to do that
> automatically. The device drivers used by your board must have a Device
> Tree binding, and writing the Device Tree source cannot directly be
> done from the C board file. It requires human knowledge and
> intervention.

I see, is there at least a guide for the conversion?

> Could you be more specific about the platform you would look to convert
> to the Device Tree? Where is the existing source code?

Many devices with an ARM SoC and or an Android kernel aren't fully
supported by mainline. The devices that I own in this situation are the
OpenMoko FreeRunner (gta02) and the Samsung Galaxy S (galaxysmtd).

gta02:
git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git
git://github.com/shr-distribution/linux.git

galaxysmtd (and a bunch of other devices):
git://gitorious.org/replicant/kernel_samsung_aries.git

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/