Re: Debug Kernel Crash

Hi,

does /var/crash or kdump target directory as mentioned in
/etc/kdump.conf exists?

One thing i forgot to mention is in my root there is not configuration file /etc/sysconfig/kdump or
/etc/kdump.conf, is this anything to do with this and not even /var/crash, i got the latest kexec-tool
source from the git and build it.

sometime it may be a while before it starts to dump if memory on
machine is huge and

i almost left my system for an hour, but it was in the same hang state.

you have set kdump level to dump everything.

Where else can be the configuration file other then /etc/sysconfig/kdump or
/etc/kdump.conf.