Re: How to run a hello world module

On Friday 10 December 2010 08:06 AM, John Mahoney wrote:
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Chaitannya Mahatme <chaitannya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compile a hello world module given over here

I have followed the following step.

Downloaded Linux kernel 2.6.35-rc5

If you are running a distribution like most people be sure you grab
the kernel from the distro you are using and not from kernel.org.

Robert Day's site has enough free lessons to do what you want and its
more recent.  I think he is using Ubuntu for a distro.

http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming/lesson-1-building-and-running-new-linux-kernel

--
John

That resolved the error. Actually I was building the module for the newly
compiled kernel, but should have built for the kernel I am running on my
system.

Thanks for the link !
--
Cheers !!!
Chaitannya

follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/chaitannya

I believe there's a hero in all of us
who keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride,
even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most... even our dreams.
- Spider Man 2
-- To unsubscribe from this list: send an email with "unsubscribe kernelnewbies" to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxx Please read the FAQ at http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ