Re: guidelines, faqs and dos and don'ts document

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 2:23 PM, John Mahoney <jmahoney@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM, John Mahoney <jmahoney@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just remember, most people here are doing this for free, so be polite
> and make sure your not asking obvious questions.
Ok
> I personally feel
> your questions and attitude have improved.  I was not trying to single
> one person out, I apologize for that.
You don't need to apologize.I understand the concern of the people on this list.
I do agree that too obvious questions should not come on the
list.Before I proceed I apologize for being rude.
But what I want to explain is
I did read the docs and K R when you people pointed me to read.
I admit that to an extent my understanding was not correct and the
things which might have been too obvious for any one were not that
obvious for me.
Here is my situation I did read that book for developing device
drivers by the famous guy and I do appreciate the presence of such a
book.
But after reading it for many many many times and not once (this
happened over years) I lost my interest in developing drivers or
reading that book again and again.My heart sank after seeing that
book.
Frustrated over and again with same content I saw some recent things
on this list which did helped me to understand and the day I
understood those concepts I have not turned back yet.
My point is some one who genuinely has read the docs and books and
still could not understand what will you do with him,block him from
your mailing list  or
give him a pointer to this doc which is being discussed here that will
not serve the purpose.