Re: ramdisk vs rootdisk

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Sengottuvelan S
<sengottuvelan.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have very little knowledge on how to create ramdisk. I don;t know much
> about rootdisk mean. Also, which one of these two is loaded first, when
> booting up a network system/device etc.
>
> what are the contents goes to ramdisk & rootdisk?.  Basically. I am looking
> for more information how to start a devices with these two.
> Is it possible to boot a device with ramdisk alone?

Yes it is possible to boot just with ramdisk it is really useful, you
can have more information on

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-initrd.html

I work with embedded systems and ramdisk help us when you cann't boot
with NFS, MMC or any other way, besides it is the File System that can
be loaded on the device

Hope it helps

Victor Rodriguez