Re: Working with Ubuntu Linux

Hi John, Thanks... :-)

Will do some research today and see what is happening. I have ATI Radeon Graphics
Card installed.

Thanks and Regards,
Raghunand.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:09 AM, John Mahoney <jmahoney@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Rags Linux <linux.rags@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks John. Yea sorry its Ctrl + Alt and not Ctrl + Shift. However,
This ain't working for me. My monitor goes blank and goes to sleep mode as though
the monitor is switched off.

I would open a bug report in Ubuntus launchpad.  It is probablly a xorg or video driver bug

To see the grub info edit /etc/default/grub and change line
 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

then run "update-grub" in the terminal and reboot.

NOTE:this was using Ubuntu 10.10.  I have been running it in beta(today I believe it is no longer beta) for a few weeks and it is good.  If you have a really new computer and are having driver issues I would recommend trying Ubuntu 10.10 instead of rolling your own kernel to get a newer kernel, unless you want to ply of course.

I would probably ask this question on a Ubuntu forum i this does not help...

--
John