Re: Working with Ubuntu Linux

Hi,

Thanks... U mean to say I have to try other consoles? F3, F4, etc?

Now, If I build my new Kernel and boot that Kernel, What all features I would get?
What all features are part of the Kernel?

Thanks and Regards,
Raghunand.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.....

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:18, Rags Linux <linux.rags@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have installed WinXp (32 Bit), Windows 7 (64 Bit) and Ubuntu (10.4) on my
> Pentium i5 machine. My monitor is
> Dell 2010M flat 20 inch wide screen.

No offense, but try to think: by saying your monitor brand, does it
has anything to do with the sympton you see?

> When I boot Ubuntu I dont see the classic messages I used to see something
> like below:
>
> Starting Crond [OK]
> Starting Keboard [FAILED]

So, what exactly did you see? splash screen?

> Has this changed?

Not really...

>Also Ctrl + Shift + F2 does not take me to shell

Quite likely no tty is spawned in console number 2...

>Monitor
> goes blank and goes to sleep mode. Is it something
> related to monitor or has the linux itself has changed? Please advise.

press enter when Linux starts, it should open the GRUB OS selection.
Highlight your current OS, press e. Edit the kernel invocation command
and deleted anything that written like "splash", "quite" etc.

Then press Ctrl+X...it should boot your kernel with the new
parameters. Hopefully, by doing so, it is showing the progress more
verbose (lots of text showing). Then kindly paste few last lines of
the boot message before it got hung.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa