Re: overloading d_ops of an existing flesystem object

>    by default when a filesystem object is created the kernel initializes the
> dentry_operations with d_dop.
>  but is it possible to overload the existing d_dop field of an in-memory
> directory entry?
> i mean , can we reinitialize the dentry operations of a dentry?
> hope ,  the question is clear.

At time of filesystem superblock initialization, the root dentry d_op
is set if the corresponding filesystem wants. Likewise on (name
resolution) that traps into filesystem lookup, u initialize the d_op
for the dentry corresponding to that name. Also u happen create or
instantiate the dentry, at that time u can initialize the d_op if
required.

thx,thayumanavar s.