moving pages from one process to another

Hi list,

I want to "move pages" from one userspace process to another userspace
process. The reason to do this is to avoid the overhead of copying. I
could ofcourse use shared memory but unfortunately, the data I have is
being generated by a third party vendor and I have no control over
where it gets generated. All I get is a few pages of data that I now
want to "gift" to the other process.

I looked at vmsplice and splice but neither seem to fit the bill.
vmsplice  can be used only to move into a pipe but not out. splice is
apparently currently broken, and even then, the moving is only
advisory , it can end up copying if it wants to.

I am wondering how I can go about writing something like this?  Is
this idea just fundamentally impossible in linux or can I somehow
implement it?

Thanks a lot,
MK