Re: How big a kernel dump can be on 32GB m/c.

Hi Mulyadi,

I am referring to the kdump core.
Assuming my system has 32GB RAM and 32GB swap space => 64GB.

>Well, in my opinion, crash dump image should be as big as the current
>allocated anonymous pages on RAM. So, it could be less than your RAM
>size, equal, or bigger.

Has you said, could you tell me how big allocated anonymous pages can be in this case.

-Hari

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Hari...

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 09:56, hari krishnan <p.harikrishnan22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi kernelnewbies,
>
> I have a system which has 16GB memory +16GB for swap space total space
> required in /var/crash is 32GB.

Are you referring to kdump here?

--
regards,