Re: character device driver reading only last character of buffer

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Venkatram Tummala <venkatram867@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey buddy, i took the module code in your first post & modified it to make it work . I am attaching the code.
I am sure that it will not work the thing what I asked the question.
If you are to copy only 1 byte that even my code has been doing.
There is no improvement in your code.
You are also giving
memory_buffer = kmalloc(1, GFP_KERNEL);
 memset(memory_buffer, 0, 1);

but since you were smart not to paste the code as I did or rather say it was my problem so I am trying to understand so no one is giving lecture to you to read what malloc is or start making programs for insertion sort.
You people are free to kick me out of the list but make sure when some one asks a question you do not give them fundas give them some thing which actually works
your code does not work what in what I am trying to do.