Re: regarding rcu

Hi Sri,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Sri Ram Vemulpali
<sri.ram.gmu06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I am trying to find basic code implementation of rcu_read_lock,
> rcu_read_unlock, synchronize_rcu, rcu_assign_pointer functions in linux
> kernel code. Can any one point me to that files, in what directories they
> exist. I found rcutree and other related stuff for NMI rcu and schedule RCU.
> But not for basic functions. I know this is a kind of lazy question but any
> help is appreciated. Thanks.

Here's an excellent resource for that type of question:

http://http://lxr.linux.no/linux/

This has a completely cross-referenced index of the kernel source
tree, many different versions.

Typing rcu_read_lock into the search, shows that it's implemented as
an inline function in include/linux/rcupdate.h
<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.35.4/include/linux/rcupdate.h#L310>

Similarly, you can find the definitions for the rest of the functions
you're looking for.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada