Re: regarding do_irq

Hi,

Can any one explain, when interrupt handler schedules softirq, for bottom half work, when is that softirq is executed. Is it immediately after interrupt handler context or after some time later when scheduler was invoked.

I am trying to understand execution context of BHs. I know that tasklets execute at relaxed time when system deems to execute. But what about softirq. Since softirq's are in nature high in priority, therefore they should run immediately after IRQ. I am trying to understand is there any latency between IRQ and softirq execution scheduled by that corresponding IRQ. Please can anyone explain the sequence of operations how the softirq is recognized (that it was set) and scheduled to execute.

Thanks,
Sri.