Re: I am looking for the embedded systems course does any one here offer

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 a couple recommendations.  first, in terms of books, we've discussed
this before and i would recommend:

 * chris hallinan's "embedded linux primer", 2nd ed.  should be out
soon, make sure you get the *2nd* edition, not the first.

Thanks
 * "essential linux device drivers", by venkateswaran

Thanks
 the bigger issue, though, is that embedded and driver development is
such a huge area that it's almost impossible to intelligently give
someone advice on how to get started.  where do you *want* to start?
what are you interested in?

Any thing every thing.Saying that is kidding but I do it for fun.
 best way to get started is to pick a development kit, order it and
start playing.  maybe the new beagleboard-xM.  for $150, it's hard to
get a better deal.

Ok I had a look at beagleboard-xM page but what is the need of it?
Can the same not be done using a Laptop or some simulator or a PC at home.
In case of beagleboard do you need to convert that kit into a full computer?
 people can't really give you advice when the field is so vast.  you
need to take the first step -- buy a development kit and at least get
it up and running.  then play.  after that, you'll at least have more
focused questions.

Sure thanks for this suggestion as I was not aware what to do.

--
Everything is okay in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end.