Re: what is static inline void tvec_base

Hi..

Sorry for crossing ,...

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:23, James Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > 1) Defining any function as static tells the compiler that the
>> > function can only be used in the file the function was defined in
>> >
>> Yes.
>>
> So why is that used in the code timer.c?

AFAIK, static (for functions) means the symbol is made to be
local....in more technical  word, "can only be located by other
function or code in the same symbol space (this is just the way I call
it)"

However, as far as the whole core kernel code (not modules) concerns,
there's no really static symbol, since these codes lives in the same
symbol space -- the kernel itself.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa