Re: Linux Kernel Development Book

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 00:32, Tushar Dadlani <tush726@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanted to know how to debug a kernel image using qemu over localhost ?

We shall go slightly OOT, however here's the general steps:
1. compile your kernel with frame pointer enabled and debug info. Then
use the vmlinux as the parameter to -kernel of qemu. You may want to
break qemu as soon as it starts. Try to find the parameter...

2. prepare gdb...and attach it to the PID of the qemu process

3. Start the adventure :) Oh and of course, in the beginning, you have
to prepare a disk image. If you're lazy, grab one from freeoszoo
(IIRC)

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa