Re: Linux Kernel Development Book

Tushar Dadlani wrote:
I was planning to buy the book Linux Kernel Development. Currently only the 2nd edition is available in India, but the 3rd edition has released internationally. Is it worth waiting for the 3rd edition or the second edition is good enough ? Also what kernel version does the 2nd edition cover?

I've just started reading the third edition but I've not read the second, so I can recommend the third edition. I also think that it's always best to buy the latest edition especially in a field as fast moving as the Linux kernel, I've been using Linux Device Drivers 3 when writing a driver recently and have noticed a few times that it is out of date despite it not being that old.

The third edition is available on O'Reilly's Safari website now, it's how I am reading it. I can recommend Safari if you can afford the subscription and don't mind reading online.

Phil