RE: why change the irq smp_affinity of a process?

Ah,
Say you have 4-port NIC and you are running 4 instances of iperf ...
One instance on one port to achieve max bandwidth....
Also assume that you have quad core processor....

So, my settings would be to assign
core-0 to iperf-instance-0
core-1 to iperf-instance-1
core-2 to iperf-instance-2
core-3 to iperf-instance-3
through smp_affinity

maybe not a proper write-up.... but should makes sense...

Thanks,
Viral

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.