Re: kernel swapping

Hi!

On 20:38 Wed 14 Jul     , Kulikov Vasiliy wrote:
> So, in linux the usage of memory is different, so I should try
> hard to catch page fault at nonpreemptive parts of kernel :)

You cannot generate a pagefault in non preemtive parts of the kernel that
easily. Because only user space is swapped, this is only of concern when
accessing user space buffers. Doing this outside of syscall context is hard
and usually a bad idea. So as long as you do not call copy_{from|to}_user
inside a spinlock or so, you should be pretty fine.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com